Questions and Answers

Posted Apr 21, 2007

Q: How do you remove an air bubble from a laminate worktop - can you pierce it and fill with glue? Julie

A: What kind of laminate are you talking - is it the stuff with just a thin plastic sheet applied yourself, a wood effect laminate, or a heavy duty plastic laminate? Can you push the bubble in or is it very firm.? If it's firmer than it should be, the wood behind may be swollen and glue would do very little - you might be able to cut and peel off the laminate around, remove the damaged wood underneath and replace with filler, and then replace the laminated area, but it probably won't look much better than it does now. If it's thin laminate, and the bubble is just air, then injecting a heavy duty glue and a heavy object on top might do the job.

Quick Links

Follow cosyhomesonline on Twitter
Find cosyhomesonline on Facebook