Questions and Answers

Posted May 19, 2008

Q: I am fitting a wall cabinet in my kitchen over a blocked in doorway and I think I have come up against the lintel. Any tips on how to drill through this to anchor the screws? Pat

A: Depending on the age and construction of the house the lintel could be stone, concrete or metal (I'll assume it's not wood). In most cases you will just need a masonry drillbit and a GOOD electric drill - most portable battery-driven drills just don't have the speed or power to go through hard stone. A drill with a hammer action may also help. Once you've drilled through, a normal wallplug and screw will be fine to fix the cupboards

Quick Links

Follow cosyhomesonline on Twitter
Find cosyhomesonline on Facebook