Quick Tip of the Week

Posted Dec 29, 2007

Do you know where one of the most germ-infested items in your house is? Not in the bathroom, or the laundry room, but in your kitchen. The average kitchen sponge is loaded with bacteria picked up from dirty dishes, and when left damp it’s a haven for all kinds of growth. Thankfully, there is a simple solution that will save your sponges from the bin. Microwaving a well-soaked kitchen sponge for two minutes is proven to kill up to 99% of all bacteria, including E. coli and other causes of food-born illness. Simply place a well-soaked sponge on a plate and microwave on high.

Quick Links

Follow cosyhomesonline on Twitter
Find cosyhomesonline on Facebook